The North American Process Technology Alliance (NAPTA) encourages institutions that offer a two-year degree in process technology to include an eight course technical core as part of the degree. Furthermore, for those who offer an exit option in oil and gas production, institutions are encouraged to add two specialty courses to the degree. NAPTA offers a variety of instructional products to meet the need of the process industries and the core classes associated with a degree in process technology.
The core courses associated with a degree in process technology include:
- Introduction to Process Technology
- Process Technology I - Equipment
- Process Instrumentation
- Process Technology II - Systems
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Process Technology III - Operations
- Process Troubleshooting
- Oil and Gas Production I *
- Oil and Gas Production II *
* Courses for Oil and Gas Production Exit Option
In order to meet the need of these core courses, NAPTA offers many web and classroom-based instructional products.